Friday, October 16, 2009

I am so cliche.... and I love it!


Any one who knows me knows that I LOVE love! It's true. I am totally, completely, 100%, head over heels in love with love. I know it may sounds a little (or a lot) cliche but it is so true. The other night a good friend of mine shared with me her and her husband's love story and my heart fluttered. There is just something so incredibily amazing when it comes to love. Not just any love though, the kind of love that can only be from the Lord. He, in His all knowing awesomeness, knows us; like really knows each and every one of us- what we like, what we think, how we act when we think no one is looking or when we are hidden away in our rooms- He knows it all. And, the best part; He knew all this about us before we were born! Psalm 139:13 says " For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." and Isaiah 49:1 says "... Before I was born the Lord called me; from my birth He has made mention of my name." Therefore, since He knows each one of us by name and created us, He also knows the perfect person for us. Sometimes God will bring Mr. Right along while we are still in high school, sometimes he won't show up until college, and sometimes we won't find Mr. Right until we travel half way across the world, as is the case for my cousin Rachel. She left for Oxford, England with an expectation that God was going to do something amazing in her life; and He did! The Lord brought her the perfect man, the man He had planned for her before she was even born. Rachel has waited for this perfect man for a very long time and because of her unfailing love for the Lord, He has truly blessed her.

Today I have the honor of being in their wedding, sharing in their love story, and witnessing first hand God's marvelous plan.


Isaac and Rachel, I adore you more than words can describe and I am truly honored to have you as family. My heart is full of love for the both of you and my happiness for you is overflowing. God bless you two. YOU ROCK!

1 comment: