Friday, November 6, 2009

We prayed, worshiped, prayed, worshiped and prayed and prayed and prayed.


All night prayer? Like, you pray ALLLL night?! On Halloween?


I had never heard of such a thing until I started this internship; but needless to say I was stoked to experience such an event. We prayed, worshiped, prayed, worshiped, and prayed and prayed and prayed. It was epic, to say the least. The moment that really touched my heart and brought out a few liquid tears was when, towards the beginning of the night, we prayed over the girls that were out and about who were very vulnerable, lost, and looking for some sort of love and approval for someone, somewhere. This really hit home. I used to be one of these girls. I looked to men for the love and approval that would only come from Jesus. We prayed for these girls; for their safety, that they would feel the love that Jesus has for them, realize their self worth, and come running to their Saviour. My heart went out to them. I knew where they were, how they felt, and what they were looking for.


I then began to think about all the prayers that had gone out in years past; prayers for me, my safety, and salvation. When I was lost, vulnerable, and looking for love and approval, some one was praying for me. The amazing thing about my God is that He answers prayers. My parents, my family, my church had not idea how or when God would answer their prayers (just as we have no idea how or when He will answer the prayers we prayed that night) but knew that He would; and He did.


I have days; days where I feel discouraged, days where my heart hurts for my unsaved family and friends. But God always reminds me that all I have to do is ask.


Matthew 7:7-11 says:

7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

No comments:

Post a Comment